Antibiotics cause a greater frequency of heartburn, acid reflux, and worsen GERD by eradicating good gut bacteria and by...
Heartburn causes include both lifestyle choices and medical conditions.
For most people, lifestyle changes of diet and exercise will prevent heartburn. Simple changes like avoiding food and drink that trigger heartburn may be all that’s needed. Others with medical conditions may require heartburn medications or even surgery for correcting physical abnormalities like a hiatal hernia.
Our bodies are all different and we respond differently to both traditional causes of heartburn and to treatment as well. Sun Tzu said it best…
Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories. ~ Sun Tzu
You must understand how your body works, your physical condition, and how your body responds to food and life situations. This knowledge is necessary for preventing heartburn. Check out How To Treat Heartburn’s latest articles on heartburn causes and learn of the different conditions and issues that lead to heartburn.
NOTE: Occasional heartburn is normal and can be managed with lifestyle changes, over-the-counter heartburn medication, and natural heartburn remedies. Visit your doctor if you have chronic heartburn. It’s a sign of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and should not to be taken lightly.
There are foods and liquids that can trigger heartburn in most people. Avoiding these heartburn triggers will improve your...
- GERD and Fibromyalgia have a Bidirectional Association November 3, 2017
- Proton Pump Inhibitors Linked To Liver Disease October 26, 2017
- Potassium Heartburn From Supplements October 12, 2017
- What Causes Acid Reflux?… The Top 20 Causes Of Acid Reflux October 5, 2017
- Aloe Vera, Apple Cider Vinegar, Manuka Honey Drink For Heartburn September 26, 2017
- Aloe Vera, Lemon, Lime, and Ginger Drink Recipe For Heartburn September 26, 2017
- Aloe Vera Juice and Turmeric Drink Recipe For Heartburn September 26, 2017